Friday, March 25, 2011

Welcome to the Seedy Underbelly of Sharn

Due to a lack of players in the 4ed Dungeons and Dragons game I've been participating in, we decided to go a different direction. I am now running a 4ed game set in the city of Sharn in Eberron. The premise is that the two regular PCs will play partners in an inquisitive firm cracking cases in Sharn. Our 3rd, seasonal player, will play a recurring aid who will help on certain types of cases whenever his player is in town.

This means I get to write mysteries every week, which is fun, if a little stressful. It also means that I get to try and balance encounters for 2 PCs, which isn't what 4ed is exactly designed to do well, but I think I can do a good job.

This blog will have two types of posts:
1. Story Posts. I try and recapture what my PCs did each session.
2. Mechanics posts. I will write about things I'm trying in order to make 2-3 PC parties work, skill challenges that don't rip PCs out of the setting and story, or interesting monsters I've designed.

I will label each post clearly by type, so if you just like one or the other, you can choose which to read.
I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment