Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Archetypes Part 8: Sovereign Priest and Druidic Initiate

Archetype: Sovereign Priest
Race: Human, Halfling, Half-Elf, Elf, Changeling, Gnome, Dwarf, Half-Orc, Shifter 
Class: Any Divine
Religion: Sovereign Host (all or any specific)
Hook: You serve the predominant religion of Cyre, the Sovereign Host.  You are either a priest of the entire pantheon or of a single deity, and you have been assigned to Prince Oargev to provide religious guidance.
Benefits: 



Archetype: Druidic Initiate
Race: Human, Half-Orc, Shifter, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Changeling 
Class: Any Primal
Religion: Wardens of the Wood, Gatekeepers, Greensingers (common), Ashbound, Children of Winter (less common).
Hook: You are an initiate in one of the druidic sects of Khorvaire.  You have befriended the Cyran crown and work as an adviser on matters of nature and sealed-away ancient evils.
Benefits: 


Commentary:   I never got around to benefits for these two.  They were both positions I could easily see at Court, and provide the outlet to a very specific type of character that people might want to play.  They also both provide some great hooks for plot, tying the group to a specific world-wide organization.
     My thoughts for benefits for the Sovereign Priest were to provide either the military training or superior education benefits found in other Archetypes and then to also provide a specific benefit for followers of specific gods or for full-pantheon priests.  My thoughts for benefits for the Druidic Initiate were to let them pick either Well-Traveled or some other new benefit I'd create that is based around being raised in the wilderness.  I would then also have a specific benefit for each Druidic Sect.  I might go back an add some later if I find any inspiration.  Do any of you have inspiration for me?
    As far as why I included these, I was thinking a lot about Mists of Avalon and, to a lesser extent, The Warlord Chronicles.  I wanted a PC to be able to play Prince Oargev's Merlin (or Galahad).

No comments:

Post a Comment